I found this online….unfortunately i don’t know anymore where I found it.
I would love to link the information to the respective author/owner.
Copyright ownerships is not the intension with this post.
Copyrights regarding photographs: 10 rules for all users of professional photography
- Respect the copyrights of the owner regarding the work displayed on this site
- Always ask the photographer for permission to use any photo in any way
- Do not rely upon the opinion of others; only the photographer can authorize the use of any photo by a third party
- Always define clear terms of agreement concerning use and fee
- Use a photo only for the purposes you have agreed upon
- Always try to trace the photographer of a photo; never use a photo when the photographer is unknown
- Always make the name of the photographer visible in any used photo.
- Never edit or modify a photo without written permission of the photographer
- Be aware of the rights that others may have considering a specific photo. They also must give permission for usage
- Always send a copy of proof of any publication to the photographer